Cancelling a Coaching Program
First and foremost, if you're considering canceling your Coaching program before its scheduled end date, we encourage you to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to answer questions, address concerns, or assist with your final decision.
What does it mean to "cancel" a Coaching program?
Cancelling a Coaching program refers to ceasing coaching with Testive before a student's scheduled program end date. For example, a student may be enrolled in a 3-Month Coaching program, which is scheduled to end on August 10th. If this family decides to cease coaching through Testive before August 10th, this qualifies as a program cancellation. If this student completes their 3-Month program and then ceases coaching, their program is simply ending, not being canceled.
Why would someone cancel a coaching program?
There are three main reasons families occasionally choose to cancel a Testive program:
- A student may reach their goal SAT/ACT score before their program is scheduled to end.
- During the 14-day trial period, a family may decide Testive isn't the right fit, for unforeseen reasons.
- Something comes up in the student's life (such as an unexpected trip or illness), which prevents them from focusing on test prep.
Whether you are considering canceling for one of these reasons, or for an entirely different one, we always want to hear your feedback.
How to cancel your program:
If you're 100% ready to cancel your Coaching program, you can do this instantly through your Parent Account (instructions below):
- Log into your Parent Account. The login link can be found in the Welcome email you received from Testive upon enrollment.
- In your Parent Account, click on the menu in the upper left hand corner (see image below):
- Under the dropdown menu options, click on "Your Account."
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on "Cancel my program
Select a reason for the program cancellation, using the provided drop down menu. Finally, click on the orange "cancel my program" button (shown below) to complete the process.
How will a program cancellation affect billing?
If you are on a monthly billing plan:
If you decide to cancel your family's coaching program, we strongly encourage doing this before your next scheduled charge. This ensures you will not be charged for coaching time your child does not plan to use. For example, if you are scheduled to be billed on September 1, we recommend cancelling the program before that date. If you do not cancel your program before your next billing date, please note that a refund for unused coaching time is not automatically processed. If you believe you are owed a refund for unused coaching time, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you paid for a Coaching program upfront:
If you paid for the entirety of a Coaching program upfront, the timing of a cancellation will not automatically affect your billing. For example, if you pay $600 for 2 months of coaching, and cancel after one month, the cancellation will not automatically initiate a refund in our system. If you believe you are owed a refund for unused coaching time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.